Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Isolette after lens repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Agfa Isolette after lens repair Reply with quote

I got my 1956 Agfa Isolette III Solinar lens focusing again after the front two elements seized up due to the grease-- after unscrewing the 3 very small screws on the rotating ring the front 2 elements came out and I painted some WD40 into the join with a very small paint brush and LO and BEHOLD !! They separated and I could fix the focus action !
Second half of a test film in Brentwood. 07/1984 Ilford HP5 processed in home-made Microphen , aperture f9
On the previous test at full aperture f3.5 it was all in focus accurately .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Pete.
Well done
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! I have the exact same camera with the exact same problem. A repair I've been putting off because I haven't known exactly where to begin. Glad to read of your results. I think mine is gonna be a bit more complicated, though, because the wheel that sits on top of the camera is frozen also, which means I'll have to pull the top cover, most likely.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: My Isolette III Reply with quote

I did a YouTube VIDEO on my Isolette III -- maybe you would like to see it here ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7crwT94vjnk