Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Butterflies with Meyer Trioplan 2.9/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Butterflies with Meyer Trioplan 2.9/50 Reply with quote

I am coming to the conclusion that this little Meyer is providing me with my best butterfly images. NEX-5N I consider bokeh to be very important with these images, so all are wide open.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I like #3 and #4. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the pictures.
Isn't it a problem that you have to go rather close to the butterflies?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I like the pictures.
Isn't it a problem that you have to go rather close to the butterflies?

These are all crops since the lens doesn't focus as close as one might prefer. However, it seems to be an allowable distance if the butterflies behavior is any indication. My butterfly pictures have always worked out very well when using this lens. It seems to get close enough and the sharpness holds up well to cropping, even though all shots were wide open. I suspect the f/2.9 aperture helped with a decent depth of field, but without too much definition in the background. I have another copy of this lens that I will probably adapt for a shorter minimum focus. I virtually never use the lens at infinity.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

I was to ask the same question about not enough working distance.
A Teleconverter would also work well....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

A Teleconverter would also work well....

I've never found one that worked well.