Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I Fixed my 1956 Isolette III !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: I Fixed my 1956 Isolette III ! Reply with quote

GOOD NEWS !!! I managed to fix the seized up focus on my lovely AGFA Isolette III 1956 ! I took half an old film and cut it and processed and under x6 magnifier they are SHARP -- I could not get 'full aperture' on all of them as with 200 ASA Rated I had to use 1/500 @ f9 or f5.6 but THIS one was at f3.5 and at 3 meters away it is sharp ! I see this lady often in Brentwood and she poses for me for camera tests and I give her a print ! I managed to undo the very small screws on the focus ring and unscrew the front component which is two small glass elements which should 'separate' as you turn the focus, but they were stuck fast with the grease so i picked up some WD 40 on a small paint brush and brushed it into the join and LO and BEHOLD !! they separated and I could clean up the solid grease , now it focused at all distances, even 1.2 meters.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats
Working nice, have pleasure with the old camera!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD40 on a paintbrush, good trick!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, it took me a while to finish it, but it is here
- Focus and RF were frozen (the curse of green AGFA goo) which is solved with electrical contact cleaner and then synthetic grease
- Adjusted RF - checked lens collimation
- Bellows was a sieve, ordered one form SandehaLynch (bronze) and voila!

First Roll is in the camera, will develop soon

PS - pictures came out good.
Exposure is on the spot and focusing is fine.
That SOlinar lens is a good one.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very expired Ilford SFX with a 89B filter
DSLR "scanned"

Jul2023 - Scottsbluff NE