Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UK postal costs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: UK postal costs? Reply with quote

What happened?

I tried lookin AD-OM adapter.

Many for something like £5 but shipping is £15.

Ridiculous!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the real shipping cost is being hiked by the vendor. A small parcel weighing between 251g and 500g (which should easily cover one adapter) sent within the EU by tracked/signed service is listed by Royal Mail at £10.15. By 'Standard' service (no signature/tracking) it's only £5.50. If the package were 250g or less, then the prices fall to £8.70 and £3.95 respectively.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasn't on but at least three?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=adaptall+om&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xadaptall+om+adapter.TRS0&_nkw=adaptall+om+adapter&_sacat=0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are rip off prices. I can get an Adaptall to OM adapter tomorrow from the camera fair for next to nothing and post it for actual costs. I'll get one, if you don't want it I've got a bunch of Tamrons so it won't go to waste.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, got one locally for 10 euros.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's OK, I did get one today for £3 but I will use it.