Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rechargeable battery mod for P67 wooden grip.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Rechargeable battery mod for P67 wooden grip. Reply with quote

I put together this rechargeable battery system for my P67 (Which for some reason drains batteries quickly) I removed the manufacturer wood grip from the clips and took off the metal caps on either end. Fashioned a wooden tube to fit in its place. As there was insufficient room for the system I came up with and as I didn't want to damage the original top cap I soldered together a replacement cap from copper. I soldered on a cold shoe salvaged from a dead Konica SLR. The "battery case" is PVC tubing which I fashioned with a faucet spring for the negative contact and a "button" of solder for the positive. The cap for the battery case was a fortuitous bit of scrounging in my electric stuff. Its part of a 12V plug. Just happened to be close enough I could force it on. Using heat I was able to make the PVC soft enough to create enough thread bite to hold. The electrical socket on the top cap of the handle is a standard socket. I found 3V lithium rechargeable batteries with charger for twenty some dollars on e-bay.

the guts.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probable some capacitor was gone? However I use Sony videobatteries as universal power source - cameras, flahses, LED lights etc. they are 7.4V and I convert using cheap ebay DC-DC converters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say without sending it to an expert for evaluation. I can't justify the expense to do that. This was a cheap (and fun!) project to solve the problem. Likely soon someone will have those batteries in a rechargeable version but for now this seems to work OK. I was going to paint the copper tube black but my wife said she thought it looked "cool" the way it was so I just sprayed it with clear lacquer.