Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus 24mm tilt swivel conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Olympus 24mm tilt swivel conversion Reply with quote

This is the last one I swear!! but also another lens that really impressed me was this olympus 24mm it has quite a heavily damaged rear element from a drop but it does ok, you can get tilt adapters for OM mount but they are quite costly.

I used quite a few different lenses to get the fit right and a base from a teleconverter so that it could turn freely and a piece of rubber tubing to seal it off internally and loads of time with a dremel:(, works nicely on APSC but think the corners would be too bad on full frame

This one at least I have some photos that I have taken with it, these are from sani pass at the highest pub in Africa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. Like that, it's a great use of a common lens. And it works a treat. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does, I never really liked it on MFT but it has grown on me with the bigger sensor, sort of one of those lenses that's always in my bag Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I want to try something similar on pentax 67 lenses for my a7ii. I have a 2 x converter that came in with no glass, negotiated with seller to get it for 5 USD. The sticking point for me is the price of P67- Nex adapters. Reluctant to spend 50 bucks on a project that I could very well trash. Your work has encouraged me!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear, it won't be easy, I had loads of lens bits to play around with till I found a combination that worked. The pre built adapters for the 67 lenses are hellishly expensive.

One thing to remember when doing the adapter is to try and get the tilting point as close as possible to the actual lens mount and not the body mounting point. This is so that you get to use most of the image circle from the len's and not just the edges.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice diy and lovely results!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 many thanks, its a fun lens to use

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a P67 eos adapter mislabeled for 20 USD. Now to find the time! Any hints? I've never seen one of theses in person.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo for the work, impressive results!

I presume your lens tilts more than 8 degrees? I've tried a cheap ready made adapter with Rollei Planar and it does not give such an explicitly toy-plush effect. Or it depends on what you explain in terms of the tilt point? I'll be greatful for any link or tutorial based on your experience.