Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 300mm f4 Front group dissasembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 300mm f4 Front group dissasembly Reply with quote

Hi,

Hoping I can get a little help here; I bought a 300mm fd f4 which had some fungus in between the front elements and a stuck apature.

I cleaned up the apature no problem, but after removing the back half of the lens containing the focusing group, I can't for the life of me seperate the front element group, as far as I can work out it should just unscrew as shown in the photos?

Ps, focus was sloppy as the focus guide pin was missing its rubber coating (similarly to my 24mm f2) and a bit of polyolphelin heat shrink over it was perfect, I'll see how it holds up in the long term.

Appreciate any help.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone please suggest where I might have the most luck getting some help on this? Rangfinder forum?

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being impatient and having an idea, I put my lens in the freezer at about -21c, took it out and hit the thread area with a hair dryer on full till it got hot to the touch; bit of elbow grease and presto, VICTORY!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you got it sorted and posted your solution.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Similiar problem Reply with quote

I know this is a very old posting but how was the aperture mechanism accessed for cleaning?

I have a FD 300mm f4 with stuck wide open aperture blades. Not sure whether to dismantle from the back or the front of the lens. Have tried to unscrew front section of lens barrel but its stuck tight.

Any suggestions?