Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M-4 MC in M39-mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Helios 44M-4 MC in M39-mount Reply with quote

G'day

found this Helios 44M-4 lens in M39 mount. Never seen one before of heard of one before.
Won't focus on a Zenit 3(M) or a ZENIT-S (C). So I Imagine it will focus on a Zorki or FED.
Was told it was attached to a FED-5 before I bought it.
Rare , not rare ,homemade , factory-made???? Can anyone shed some light on it. Would be gratefull Smile

RON

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a cylindrical flange protruding from the barrel assembly, who would change position with focusing, so as to match a zorki or leica rangefinder coupling system.

In such case you might use it on one of the precious leicas of your collection Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS

engrave a NOCTILUX f 1:0.95 on the front of the lens, in place of that helios, sell it on ebay fro let's say 5.000 and don't forget to send me 10% for the bright idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's custom, I don't think it's a factory custom though, most likely done by someone with a lathe, the mount looks well used, possibly from a donor lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I think it's custom, I don't think it's a factory custom though, most likely done by someone with a lathe, the mount looks well used, possibly from a donor lens.

if there is no rf coupling I would see only some use on a bellows.

Might have been interesting finding an rf coupled one

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree, it is certainly home made. It looks like and no reason factory would do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe out of topic but how common is a MC 44M-4 made by KMZ? Most I have seen are not MC and made by Valdai.