Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax s-m-c takumar 35mm f2 ES specific
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Pentax s-m-c takumar 35mm f2 ES specific Reply with quote

What does ES specific mean. I probably have 25 super-tak or s-m-c and have never seen this designation. Is there a specific pentax camera that it matches up with? Will it have issues if I try to adapt with standard Chinese m42-EOS-nex adapter system?
Thanks
Photo of mount:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.aohc.it/testi.php?id_testi=40 , scroll down to "Super-Multi-Coated Takumars: open aperture metering".

Any flange-less adapter should work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "ES specific" probably refers to the Pentax-specific aperture coupling customization of the standard M42 mount. I.e., there is no non-"ES specific" M42 S-M-C 2/35. The mount customization does not interfere with lens mounting on other M42 cameras, but of course the aperture coupling will probably not function...

All the S-M-C M42 lenses have the aperture coupling, except for the longest focal lengths.

The aperture coupling is used by the Pentax Spotmatic F, Spotmatic ES, and Spotmatic ES II cameras for open aperture light-metering.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that asahi history site was a welcome addition to my photo bookmarks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25mm SMC Takumar??? Do you mean 35mm while that will make sense and it looks like that lens.