Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Silly quiz: what's this Trioplan alternative?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

planet.groove wrote:
ok, inspired by this thread i tested both today.

the Bonotar produces bubbles, but no soap bubbles....

Yes, bubbles but not soap bubbles.
I am testing other lenses, including a black (last version) Enna f/2,8 135mm, so I still have to test the OOF rendition of the Bonotar.
There are a few out of focus shots taken at the same concert, that show how the Bonotar renders the highlights of the chromed string pegs of a dobro guitar.
The pic is ugly... and i've cropped it showing only an orribly out of focus area. I post it just to show the highlights:

IMGP1757 by spaulein, on Flickr

The signature of the Domiplan is much better than i thought.
I have one in M42, with problematic diaphragm blades. I never thought to fix it cause i thought it was not worth the time/effort.
I'm reconsidering.
I want to try it with a cheap M42 x2 converter... Smile

Re: Trioplan soap bubble bokeh, i've decided that it should be fun to give it a try.
I just found a relatively cheap Pentacon AV f/2,8 80mm projection lens (a pity it's plasticky, i'd prefer the all-metal ones marked Meyer), and i already have a couple of Trioplans (50mm and 75mm) set in leaf shutters.
I decided to invest time, effort and some money, to adapt them to M42 or PK mounts, using a cheap chinese focusing helicoid.
Unfortunately #00 shutters don't have a lever to keep the shutter blades open. A shutter cable with lock screw is needed... not very practical indeed!

cheers

Paolo