Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soviet Helios 65T 52mm/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Soviet Helios 65T 52mm/2 Reply with quote

Some photo with this little lens that was used on TV camera in 60's. It was made by KMZ, like most of "T" lenses.
Here is a screenshot of the movie "Moscow does not believe in tears" where is visible a camera wearing 4 T lenses.
The Helios-65T is on bottom left. For info, on bottom right is Tair-11T, on up left corner is Jupiter-21T and on the right Jupiter-100T.

I have two of them, the one I used here is on the left :

But the one on the right perform a bit better.

And some photos, all wide open, on A7 (it cover 24x36 without a problem)

Best regards,

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the subject stares into the lens for long enough, do they become dizzy? Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, i love it. You have low serial numbers. How many were made?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Awesome, i love it. You have low serial numbers. How many were made?

It was not made for large public, only for TV studios or things like that. I saw very few on market. The two I saw are here. Actualy, another one appeared in russia with serial 000105. So everything make me think that production number was very low.
Also my two lenses are from 2 differents "Era", the low serial show focal in CM, whereas the 000467 have focal in mm. Soviet changed it in the begin at around 1960. That's not very precise, but there is good chance that time between the production of those two particular lenses was not short, at least 2 years (maybe more), whereas difference in number is only 130. That kind of shows how much lenses they produced per year.
I hope my english is clear Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I've gotta say it - what it does to the edges of sheet music is not pleasant.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
You know, I've gotta say it - what it does to the edges of sheet music is not pleasant.

That's glowing. My other exemplar doesn't do that, strangely. That's why I told that the second one is a bit better.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there much difference between Helios 65 & 65T?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Is there much difference between Helios 65 & 65T?

Body is different, diaphragm is different, coating is different. But optical scheme should be the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! Like 1 They appear very contrasty to my eyes. I don't understand why a TV lens need to cover such a large format?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
I don't understand why a TV lens need to cover such a large format?

Just in case there's a war.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Thanks for sharing! Like 1 They appear very contrasty to my eyes. I don't understand why a TV lens need to cover such a large format?

The thing is that most of TV lenses are variant of photo lenses. Well, need to say that all this generation of T lenses are from the end of 50's. So maybe at this time they decided to use existing lenses in order to save money. Later I guess they developed more specific designs, that maybe covered only the needed surface.
But I have a more modern Helios-95AT, TV lens, that covers 24x36 also.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
kievuser wrote:

The thing is that most of TV lenses are variant of photo lenses. Well, need to say that all this generation of T lenses are from the end of 50's. So maybe at this time they decided to use existing lenses in order to save money. Later I guess they developed more specific designs, that maybe covered only the needed surface.
But I have a more modern Helios-95AT, TV lens, that covers 24x36 also.

Thanks for your explanations. Now I understand the reason. Thank you!