Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 55/1.2 SSC Aspherical
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Canon 55/1.2 SSC Aspherical Reply with quote

on A7

A bonus cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots. I own an FD 55mm f/1.2 SSC -- wish it were the aspherical model, but I'm still glad to have it.

I bought mine last year and I haven't shot with it much yet, so I'm not all that familiar with its performance. But I have done some shooting with it wide open, mostly just to see how sharp it was. I found that its sharpness is actually quite good at f/1.2, but the depth of field is so shallow that I have to pay close attention to my own movements because the slightest move forward or backward can render out of focus images.

I would like to see a test one day comparing the Aspherical with the regular version. Do you know of any?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only one I've seen is this one http://www.jeroenterlingen.com/blog/2015/7/19/canon-fd-50mm-lens-comparison

but as far as i know the L is aspherical too

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Like Dog