Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Separate rangefinder find
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Separate rangefinder find Reply with quote

What do you think?

It could ever be quite useful, either with some old bellows camera with a good lens or for checking rf accuracy when repairing other stuff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACCURANGE-HOT-SHOE-RANGE-FINDER-/361578400708?" target="_blank">Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find and it will be quite useful.
I use a separate rangefinder on my Speed Graphics when I mount a lens that does not match the coupled rangefinder. It is actually quite easy, I use it backwards. I set the lens and the rangefinder for the desired distance and then use my feet to focus through the rangefinder. Kinda like the old Polaroid Big Shot Shuffle.
Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a couple of similar accessory rangefinders and they are surprisingly accurate, once they have been calibrated - which is usually easy to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These can be useful. I have three or four different types.
They are accurate enough themselves, but the readout can require interpretation for transfer to the focus ring on the camera.

The critical factor on bellows cameras is whether the focus helical is correctly set for infinity.