Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Helios 44-2 Reply with quote

Today I came across with of Helios 44-2 that I had not seen before. It was labeled in russian as ГЕΛИОС 44-2 and had a lens shape logo (MMZ?) with serial number 88xxxxx on the lens barrel. The lens had the aperture ring at the front and a second ring which by rotating it opened and closed the aperture freely. This second ring seems loose and very easy to rotate and made me reluctant to buy it thinking that it might be faulty. Is the loose ring "normal"? Has anyone experience with this lens?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be abnormal if the second ring is NOT very smooth when you turn it.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably looked like this then:

http://forum.mflenses.com/complete-list-of-helios-lenses-getting-closer-t26100.html
44-2 model "2.d": MMZ last design - new barrel

I have a 44-2 like that and just got a similar looking MC 44-3 and the second aperture ring is very loose, even a little wobbly, on both of them - I guess that is normal.

Last edited by MartinV on Mon May 30, 2016 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It will be abnormal if the second ring is NOT very smooth when you turn it.

When you "say smooth" do you mean nearly moving without touching? This is the impression that I got that made me worry as none of the other Helios lenses I saw have this ring. Is there anything special about this lens compared to other Helios lenses?