Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More ridiculous ebay prices. Canon FL 55mm 1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: More ridiculous ebay prices. Canon FL 55mm 1.2 Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exceptional-Canon-FL-55mm-1-1-2-/201467848311?hash=item2ee86b6677:g:z-8AAOSwT4lWSS6A

I got one of these on a pellix for 160 USD. Pellix was toast but lens was pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like this ebay seller plays the Best Offer game. If you look at his profile, he has a history of accepting offers. Since his asking price is blatantly ridiculous, perhaps make him a ridiculous offer? You never know...

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of high prices, can someone enlighten me: what happened here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401120144080

Why did it get bid up so high?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are beyond comprehension, I picked my FD 55mm f1.2 SSC Chromenose up for £30 a couple of years back in a local charity shop.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Speaking of high prices, can someone enlighten me: what happened here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401120144080

Why did it get bid up so high?

Knob wind Mirandas are very hard to find, and very collectible.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: More ridiculous ebay prices. Canon FL 55mm 1.2 Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exceptional-Canon-FL-55mm-1-1-2-/201467848311?hash=item2ee86b6677:g:z-8AAOSwT4lWSS6A

I got one of these on a pellix for 160 USD. Pellix was toast but lens was pretty good.
its a nice lens and has more stuff with it than usual so I can see it being at a higher price, but this is way too high, by double.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncommon-Edixagon-lens-in-M42-mount-in-used-condition-/112005068478?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=vzABT%252F8txEafjzx69NVVMwVQEzw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Laugh 1

Look what somebody paid for a not particularly rare Japanese made 50mm lens.

Exaktar 2/50 is the same lens, but only sells for about $50. And the Edixar and Regulon lenses don't come close either (despite being harder to find). This shows how effective internet rumors can be in boosting prices.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
This shows how effective internet rumors can be in boosting prices.

There must have been a new one about 135mm Nikkors because some of them just doubled in prices.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Mos6502 wrote:
This shows how effective internet rumors can be in boosting prices.

There must have been a new one about 135mm Nikkors because some of them just doubled in prices.
I suspect a thread not long ago about "Good 135mm lenses". Some people wrote that almost all 135mm's are good so soon after that the prices of most 135's jumped.
We can make an experiment and hype about the worst lens Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years (especially before Sonys eMount System back into 2010 - and more especially, before FF eMount with the A7 Series into Fall 2013) all old MF lenses have been quite cheap, since then...more and more folks are discovering old mf lenses, and adapting it, because one can virtually mount everything to eMount through the narrow bajonet flange, and there you go...prices go up, people are collecting, buying lenses and they're off the market forever....or at rediculous prices then.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firehand wrote:

I want C/Y Planar 85/1.4 exposed for the piece of junk it is Smile Or Nikkor 85/1.4 - either would work for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great SMC Pentax 50/1.2 still does only around 300-350 dollars on eBay. Wonder if it stays that way with the FF K-1....
RemcoR

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomed-forever wrote:
Some years (especially before Sonys eMount System back into 2010 - and more especially, before FF eMount with the A7 Series into Fall 2013) all old MF lenses have been quite cheap, since then...more and more folks are discovering old mf lenses, and adapting it, because one can virtually mount everything to eMount through the narrow bajonet flange, and there you go...prices go up, people are collecting, buying lenses and they're off the market forever....or at rediculous prices then.

Some prices go up, some prices go down. It usually seems to be things in the "almost rare" category that have the highest prices online. Actually rare items often go underpriced because they show up so infrequently and get so few articles, reviews, etc. online. I think one of the greatest myths, that all old lenses are superior to new ones, might also finally be dying and so some prices are falling. But then you have lenses that are uncommon enough to have built up a mystique, but still common enough to be easily attainable - for a price - and the market goes crazy. Like Primoplans, Triotars, many various Leica lenses - and oddly enough, the Edixagon. For some reason, that still totally baffles me, an internet rumor was started that the Edixagon was a rebranded Rodenstock Heligon. No proof of any sort has ever been offered to back up this claim, but it's been repeated so often that people must believe it, as prices have gone way up since it started.

So if you have an old Japanese lens that doesn't say "Japan" on it, attribute it to any random German make, and see what happens. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//311558948347 Helios 44-2 sold for $714.00 ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firehand wrote:
Well, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//311558948347 Helios 44-2 sold for $714.00 ...

and later for $30 Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that these sort of auctions may be related to money laundering.
Set the price rdiculously high then it is purchased by a friend in another country, an easy way to transfer dirty money.

I don't know if it true but perhaps it makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon wrote:
I read somewhere that these sort of auctions may be related to money laundering.
Set the price rdiculously high then it is purchased by a friend in another country, an easy way to transfer dirty money.

I don't know if it true but perhaps it makes sense.
It sounds as very easy way to transfer dirty money because its not illegal to sell items at very high price.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, Paypal, the new drug money laundering company.

Thanks for the tip!

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Firehand wrote:

I want C/Y Planar 85/1.4 exposed for the piece of junk it is Smile Or Nikkor 85/1.4 - either would work for me.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice try.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Firehand wrote:

I think someone misread your message: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?p=1475491#1475029

I've heard that the Contax Zeiss 1.2 85 Planar 60 jahre and the Canon FD 85 1.2 Aspherical are even crappier!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koen Nhz wrote:
Contax Zeiss 1.2 85 Planar 60 jahre

My impression is that true quality of Planar 85/1.2 is largely a mystery, as most people who buy them never use them. Which is a disgrace.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't want to risk it by taking it out of its case, now would you? /j

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And possibly ruin the value of a limited edition collector piece? No way!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop that you guys, it's crap I tell you, absolute crap! Twisted Evil

This is the sharpest image you can get out of it*:

DSC02981_2048px by Koen Nieuwenhuize, on Flickr

[size=x-small]*actual photo may or may not have been taken with an other lens Very Happy[/size]