Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helicoid adapters Fuji->M42 and Fuji->Nikon F mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Helicoid adapters Fuji->M42 and Fuji->Nikon F mount? Reply with quote

Hi,
are there helicoid adapters for the fuji mount you can recommend me?
I bought a cheap one but it does not focus correctly at infinity...
The Kipon adapters are very good but very expensive as well.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't shoot Fuji, but my experiences with µ4/3 might help, so...

The µ4/3 to M42 helicoid I got is (by my calipers) just 0.1mm too long for infinity!
I've not tried yet but I hope it will be possible to remove one end & lap it down slightly - turning it into a very useful adapter Smile
Another possibility is to get a short M42 adapter (I've found them for µ4/3) and add a M42-m42 helicoid (these are available in a good range of lengths...

At one point I was considering a helicoid with a much wider lens mount to allow a recessed adapter to be installed as a DIY exercise. The µ4/3/EOS helicoids I've seen more recently proved to be an easier option to adapt.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Click here to see on Ebay

Thanks.
Looks good and the vendor seems a serious one.

Have you used the adapter? Have you had any problem with it?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a "Tinray" one for Leica M> Sony FE which has no issues. If they make one for your fitment I don't know but it might be worth a search.