Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro photos with an f1.4 50mm Super Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Macro photos with an f1.4 50mm Super Takumar Reply with quote

I used extenstion tubes on a "normal" f1.4 50mm Super Takumar to take these. I only have a cheap, old tripod so had to lie it on it's side and rest the camera on a camera bag to take the moth. I'm less happy with the iris (it has had slight colour adjustment in PhotoShop using a Velvia 50 filter). Comments? Suggestions for improvements next time?

Click images for large sizes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice captures! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super photos! I like macros.

Imre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb colors, very nice results

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the support; I'm never sure whether some photos are worth it or not Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple more taken this afternoon:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like these! The last 2 remind me of something though.... Embarassed Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Macro photos with an f1.4 50mm Super Takumar Reply with quote

mhuk wrote:
I used extenstion tubes on a "normal" f1.4 50mm Super Takumar to take these. I only have a cheap, old tripod so had to lie it on it's side and rest the camera on a camera bag to take the moth. I'm less happy with the iris (it has had slight colour adjustment in PhotoShop using a Velvia 50 filter). Comments? Suggestions for improvements next time?

I am no macro expert but they look fine examples to me.
I would not saturate them this way though. Too much colour density kills detail and lowers effective resolution.
Of course that's me, I know that many people like saturated pictures instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bumped the colour slightly with a Velvia filter in PhotoShop; I'll try to post the original for comparison (my laptop doesn't have a particularly good screen). Or did you mean the Iris rather than the Foxglove? In which case I think you're probably right Smile