Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any Mengs LRT recommendations?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Any Mengs LRT recommendations? Reply with quote

Mengs offers the various LRT (filter ring repair) options:

The LRT-06

Click here to see on Ebay

The LRT-07

and the LRT-08

There are size differences and so forth. But it's not obvious to me which of these is the best first to purchase. And I'm wondering:

Do you really need to own all three?

Anyone have experience with these tools. All recommendations and advice would be welcome.

ETA

Uh, I'm not actually seeing the Mengs insignia on that LRT-08 in the photos. Is that a genuine Mengs tool? I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 06. It's a nice tool to have but you need to learn to use it, it's not like it will make your lenses look like new all on its own. I suggest practicing on cheap throwaway lenses if you decide to get it and learning how to apply proper amount of torque. Manufacturing quality is ok, but nowhere near what you see from major brand name manual tools. Also, it's poorly balanced, and I wish they'd made it with left hand threads.