Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sonnar 3.5/135 how to take out front glass?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Sonnar 3.5/135 how to take out front glass? Reply with quote

Hi, I have Sonnar 3.5/135 lens. Behind front glass element are some fungus. How can I take out that front glass for cleaning?
Firs I screw out ring with letters, second I screw out ring that hold front glass. Then I turn lens but front glass do not come out.
Is it glued there or something? Please help.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
it is not glued and should come out. just try to move it carefully around by holding the lens upside down.
greetings

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap the lens on the rear side, so it falls off, be careful.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be in tight, use a vinyl suction cup. My favorite is from a toy "sun catcher" that goes on the inside of a window. If it is really tough, use some lens cleaner on the glass then put the suction cup on it. Tapping - be very careful, I had a front element break after coming out. Do not pry at the corners, that will break the glass.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah, try to make a soft place for element to fall onto.... lol