Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show off your rare lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also, if you're talking about about rare lenses, this one may qualify:

It's a Zenza Bronica Zenzanon PS 500mm f/8 lens, the expensive one with fluorite..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a beautiful lens. Congrats

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two quite uncommon Chinese Shanghai 58-2 rangefinder cameras with lens. These two are earlier versions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rare early Soviet Start SLR with a rare lens. Only a few hundreds were made in 1958. These still have the old speed numbers of 1,1/2, 1/5, 1/10.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lens has a higher price vs weight ratio than those high grade microscope objectives? Perhaps only those for a lithographic machine?

Here is a specification sheet for a high-end Zeiss objective with a list price that I saw on that fleabay, and a few of high grade, and rare ones from my collection. Laugh 1 I have been wondering how these were made, and why they are so expensive?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of solidly build and well finished Chinese lithographic and reduction lenses for making computer circuits. They were made in late 1970's. Even information for these lenses are very hard to find. I think these have a similar performance as those Nikon Ultra Micro lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a long thread for many unknown vintage Chinese lenses. I posted them FYI. Some are quite good like this Lark 40/2, a Leica Summicron 40/2 copy. It is the normal lens for a series of fixe lens ragefinder cameras such as Lark 821, Huaxia 821,822,823.... Now some guys removed them from the camera, and modefied them for use on a digital mirrorless camera.

I have tried a Huaxia 821 40/2 on b/w film and compared it with a Canon FD 50/1.8, viewed the negative under a 50x microscope. Both lenses take very sharp pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beijing 608 factory's cine lenses brochure. These images are extremely hard to obtain. However, those fast 20/1.4, 28/1.4, 35/1.28, 50/1.3, and 85/1.4 images are missing from this cataloue.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More images of 608 factory's cine lenses. These were made in 1970's.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rarely seen never used 608 factory's 40mm F2 cine lens from my collection. I never saw another one for sale over the years.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Japanese Proskar projection lens. Maybe not rare.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An extremely rare Chinese 500mm F4.5 fast lens. It was made in Changchun by a famous optical factory. I almost bought it before the seller withdrew the listing some years ago. Perhaps only a few were made. I never saw another one for sale again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The custom made attachment arrived in the mail yesterday....Very excited.

Carl Zeiss Jena, 1937 'Olympia' Sonnar......

Although I appreciate a lens being kept in its intended form, I had to design this attachment so that I could use this beauty. I couldn't justify it sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

I've kept the original flektoskop and box, so that no part of the lens was harmed in the process....Since it has historical importance, you could say.

This is a rare lens since i dont think anyone else has this particular custom attachment!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a beautiful piece of metal and glass! Thanks for sharing. Thank you! The build quality of the lens and your lens mount is impressive. Like Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to bump this old thread for some lens images.

Here is a guy's Red Flag-20 and lenses collection, also including a Dong Feng 120 SLR set. There is also an auction record for a set of Dong Feng 120 SLR in 2013 in Beijing. And an image of Beijing's Ghost market starts at 3:00 AM every Wednesday where people hunt for treasures. The market is a bit far from my home, so that I only go there 2-3 times a year only before lunch time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a collection of Chinese Biotar copy lenses. These three are only part of them. The one on the left is quite rare made for Huaxi-80 SLR.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name of the centre lens is cool "Pearl River"! Is Huaxi pronounced "Hwarshee" ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie46 wrote:
The name of the centre lens is cool "Pearl River"! Is Huaxi pronounced "Hwarshee" ?

I know little about the old 'pinyin', but I think you are right. Xi (shee) is the name of current Chinese president.
I also find some Chinese names for cameras, watches and clocks interesting. These two rare cameras has a name of 'spring wind' and 'east wind' respectively. Only 60+ 'Spring Wind' and 90+ "East Wind' cameras were made.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more interesting names for Chinese photo gears. The two enlarging lenses has a brand name of Tiane (swan) and 晨光 (morning light). The two slrs once used a name 'Panda', and then changed to Peafowl.These are rare lenses for their names alone. The SLRs also has a Biotar copy lens of very high quality.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Here is a rarely seen vintage Chinese SLR with a rarely seen lens. I don't know how many were made, but one in this condition is quite hard to find. Laugh 1 The lens is also very sharp!

What is most interesting, is that it is a partial copy of Miranda sensomat camera :the viewfinder has exactly the same style and it seems that there is a button on left of it to change it -as on miranda- BUT the body is different (looks more like a russian copy of nikon f)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
kievuser wrote:
Here is a rarely seen vintage Chinese SLR with a rarely seen lens. I don't know how many were made, but one in this condition is quite hard to find. Laugh 1 The lens is also very sharp!

What is most interesting, is that it is a partial copy of Miranda sensomat camera :the viewfinder has exactly the same style and it seems that there is a button on left of it to change it -as on miranda- BUT the body is different (looks more like a russian copy of nikon f)

This camera is a mix of Seagull DF-7(Minolta SR-7), and Nikon F or Miranda sensomat.The previous model was a Pearl River S-201.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a super cool thread! Thanks for bumping it. I have never seen most of these models. Very very interesting...and problematic for camera hoarders like myself. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justtorchit wrote:
This is a super cool thread! Thanks for bumping it. I have never seen most of these models. Very very interesting...and problematic for camera hoarders like myself. Thank you!

You are welcome! I think most of vintage Chinese cameras and lenses are rare outside China. These vintage cameras and lenses are actively collected these days. Today, a Shanghai 58-2 rangefinder Leica copy in mint condition sells for about 4-5 times price of a Japanese professional manual SLRs such as Canon F1, or Nikon F2, F1....Smile At least, that is the price I paid for mine.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's view those rare treasures once more. And I may add some images found recently. A collector friend owns a mint example of this rare lens. So now I know the original condition of the green filter and what it looks like. But the material of the filter is still a mystery. A dark green natural fluorite?