Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show off your rare lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know a microscope with objectives can be considered as a whole lens for these two cameras. If the microscope and objective is a rare one, then you have a rare 'lens'. Unlike what you may think, I am not a serious collector of gears. I was only curious about them. I could not afford them when I was young.

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another rare 'lens' (microscope). It is a rarely seen Chinese field, mini-microscope of good quality. It is not one of those toy microscopes. It is pacted in a green colour metal case, so that it could be used by the army in a battle field. It was made in 1971. Those tiny objectives can be removed from the scope.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we have a book. Thank you so much kievuser! Already here are 7 web pages with 25 posts per page equals about 175 book pages. A Coffee Table Book.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the wear/patina on this focusing ring.

Matt

kievuser wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Here we have a book. Thank you so much kievuser! Already here are 7 web pages with 25 posts per page equals about 175 book pages. A Coffee Table Book.

Thanks! I hope you could get a glimpse of Chinese optical industry in the old days. It seems China gave up some industries completely in the 1980's.

Just now I saw that missle tracking lens still listed at the fleabay, and the seller told us the lens cost NASA the price of a family home! Looks like the price I paid for mine could not even pay for the lens cap. What a deal! Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, These are some higher quality enlarging lenses. This one has 10 aperture blades, and another 75/3.5 one has 12 blades. The 75/3.5 cost 142.80 yuan when new, while a Seagull 4B TLR cameras with two 75/3.5 lenses only cost 120 yuan. The 80/4.5 lens looks far more expensive.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVP wrote:
Astro-Berlin 640mm f/4.5 C, the only one built (and probably the last lens produced before Astro Gesellschaft m.b.H closed down):

That photo looks familiar Wink As far as I know it is a one off, when at the closure of the firm a focussing mount was made for this unused lens head. There may be more of these lens heads produced, but I know of no others. Anyway, as a previous owner I can show you a moonshot taken with this lens:
[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20165/big_488_db_110319_01985Edita_1.jpg]

I think I used a Minolta 2x teleconverter for the apo 400mm telerokkor. Wide open the red/cyan LoCA is fairly pronounced. This combined with its dimensions and weight made it a less than terribly practical telephoto lens for my bicycle-based photo trips..

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'By GlobalGuyUSA (Apr 29, 2015)
We probably already paid $500,000 for it in U.S. tax dollars.

At this point, it should just be in a public park now -- so that kids can look at stars at night (perhaps time-locking it during the day to avoid anyone burning a hole through their eyeballs).'

This is one of the 235 comments on that missle tracking lens that I just read at dpreview. I think it is a good idea. I could mount mine on the top of a hill in Beijing's western area where there are many mountains with a peak altitude of 2,000 meters or more. Here is a village road of about 100 kilometers west of my home. This is a place Beijing's hobby astronomers often visit to view stars. The image is borrowed from the web.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shall I start another thread for 'the coating colours of your lens'?

Show us the beautiful coating colours of your lens, Please. Wink There is a rare version of the Helios-44 58/2 for an early Start SLR among them.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon Superspeed 85 by unoh7, on Flickr

They did make 1800 Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7,

I can't open the link. I guess it is your favorite lens for a Leica M camera?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very rare 6x Carl Zeiss loupe. Has anyone seen another one?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some rare Chinese enlarging lenses. The one on the right is a rare 82/5.6 lens, and the one in the middle is a 90/4,5 one made in 1961 heavy with a brass tube. I don't remember seen another one of these two.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
uhoh7,

I can't open the link. I guess it is your favorite lens for a Leica M camera?

It's my old portrait lens, before I got the 75 Lux. LTM mount, Canon 85/1.5. A bit rare Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

950 made Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very rare Chinese cine prime lenses made in late 1970's., These are even less seen in LN condition. Laugh 1 I have no information of how many were made, probably only a few hundreds of each, and only a handful for those fast primes were made.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro , that is a rare and beautiful lens. Congratualtions! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried my 1000mm F6.7 military mirror lens again this morning mounted on my Olympus EPL-2. The office building is 920 meters away from my room. The images are only re-sized and with auto-level. The other image was shot with the Zuiko 14-42mm at 42mm at F8. I am very pleased with this lens.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an image of a high school building about 750 meters away. This time the images are only re-sized without other PS.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up this mysterious one yesterday.It has zero information on the lens, no-name, no-s/n, no focul length, no aperture blades and ring, but with focusing helicoid. It looks like a China made one from its finishing, and compared with my other lenses, it looks like a 200mm + lens and covers at least medium format. What could it be? A lens for aerial photography?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Projection lens from epidiascope?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Tried my 1000mm F6.7 military mirror lens again this morning mounted on my Olympus EPL-2.

Wow, that's a nice lens! Must be pretty big, eh, being a 1000mm f/6.7. Here in the USA, 1000mm mirrors made by Meade and Celestron are fairly common. About 100mm in diameter, but they're all f/10 optics. I would imagine yours is a good deal larger.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
kievuser wrote:
Tried my 1000mm F6.7 military mirror lens again this morning mounted on my Olympus EPL-2.

Wow, that's a nice lens! Must be pretty big, eh, being a 1000mm f/6.7. Here in the USA, 1000mm mirrors made by Meade and Celestron are fairly common. About 100mm in diameter, but they're all f/10 optics. I would imagine yours is a good deal larger.

I posted an image on page 2 of the lens side by side with a Soviet MTO 1000A. The lens is actually about 700 grams lighter. I need a digital Hassyblad to fully explore its potential. Here is a front view of the lens. The diameter is 150mm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are Leica copy collectors, but if you are a Zeiss Biotar copy collector, here is an extremely rare Chinese Biotar copy, a Haiou-64 58/5.6 one made for making computer circuits. A Haiou-64 58/2 is a very common normal lens for those Seagull DFs. This and another rare one for the same applications are recently surfaced. The 30mm F1.6 lens was made in 1975 by Shanghai Nr.3 Camera Factory. They are not mine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
I know there are Leica copy collectors, but if you are a Zeiss Biotar copy collector, here is an extremely rare Chinese Biotar copy, a Haiou-64 58/5.6 one made for making computer circuits. A Haiou-64 58/2 is a very common normal lens for those Seagull DFs. This and another rare one for the same applications are recently surfaced. The 30mm F1.6 lens was made in 1975 by Shanghai Nr.3 Camera Factory. They are not mine.

Another rare Haiou-64 version, a CRT lens with a fixed aperture. It is mounted on a Seagull DFAB camera. It is more often seen than a Seagull -71 50mm F1.4 lens. It is probably made in 1970. It is not mine.