Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JC Penney 80-200 f4.5 macro identification
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: JC Penney 80-200 f4.5 macro identification Reply with quote

JC Penney 80-200 f4.5 macro. I like this lens alot. I'm trying to identufy it,
so I can buy other lenses by the same maker.
To me it looks like it is made by Kobori. The other possibility is Mitake.
Both made simmilar lenses in the same time period.

So take a look and tell me what you think. Any other possible makers?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vivitar lenses starting with the number 77 are Kobori made. So if anyone has a 80-200 version can you compare it with my pics.
I couldn't find good enough pics on Ebay. I tried.

Some Formula 5 lenses were Mitake made. Anyone have one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 80-200 f4 Vivitar that I have -

which looks very similar to the J.C. Penny lens, the major physical difference is the Penny lens has a 52mm filter ring and the Vivitar is 55mm. But I guess that is a fairly minor cosmetic change that made the lens different for each retailer.

The other difference is the Penny lens is f4.5 and the Vivitar is f4, which is perhaps enough to make them entirely different?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter, I have an Aetna Rokunar 1:4.5/80-200 that looks identical to your JCP, down to the IR focus line on the focal length scale. PK mount. Photos later...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. It really does look like the same maker.The pics really helped. None of the listings I found on Ebay had good pics.
I just found on Ebay a Vivitar Kobori in f4.5, so that's cool. They did make
a f4.5 lens.
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks identical to mine, except for the f4 - f4.5 difference and the filter size. (and the mount of course )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as similar as I thought Embarassed:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: JC Penney 80-200 f4.5 macro identification Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
JC Penney 80-200 f4.5 macro. I like this lens alot. I'm trying to identufy it,
so I can buy other lenses by the same maker.
To me it looks like it is made by Kobori. The other possibility is Mitake.
Both made simmilar lenses in the same time period.

My Kiron 80-200mm f4 looks similar to your 2nd shot.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Manual Focus Lenses Reply with quote

Hey.,I am not so familiar with the camera lenses since the camera you are using are expensive and I think I can't afford it. But anyway I have my idea, I think the makers of the camera lenses you are discussing are both Japanese. Any of them who made the camera you like will still have the quality.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: JC Penney 80-200 f4.5 macro identification Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

My Kiron 80-200mm f4 looks similar to your 2nd shot.

I had the Kiron, but couldn't remember if it was f/4 or f/4.5. That was the lens I was thinking about while going through this thread. It was called macro too, right?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a Kobori lens and here is the proof:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vivitar-52mm-80-200mm-1-4-5-MC-Camera-Lens-Vintage-/351551637842?hash=item51da1c4952:g:iNkAAOSwo0JWIOw4

The lens of the link wears a 52mm filter and its serial starts with 77...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When comparing two lenses in effort to determine if alike, I always count the rows of nubbies on the focus grip.

For instance, using as example the lens photo posted just above by visualopsins, there are 21 rows of nubbies.