Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tank Lakes Plateau - Fuji Astia - Pentax 645
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Tank Lakes Plateau - Fuji Astia - Pentax 645 Reply with quote

The promise of a beautiful day up on the Tank Lakes plateau in the Cascades. I had woken up to the very first light, and watched and waited for the sun while listening on a mini-walkman to Bach's "Violin Concerto in A Minor", an all-time favorite. I don't usually bother to carry such things as walkmans or radios or other electronics into the mountains, but I was happy that I did on this morning. The feeling of peace and tranquility was definitely enhanced by the wonderful classical music by Mr. J.S. Bach and the complex and masterful sounds of the violin.

BUT...after a cup of coffee, and preparing my climbing pack for an ascent of Overcoat Peak (the sun is hitting it in the background), I loaded The Ramones album "I Want to be Sedated" into the player, and it changed my energy levels. Haha! Nothing like a bit of diversified music to start energizing the body!

This image is of a small tarn on the plateau, looking south towards my destination. Taken with the Pentax 645 and a Russian Arsat 30mm super-wide lens - yes, I know...a lot of weight to carry up some hillside, along with a big tripod, but sometimes you have to just go for it, I guess.

This brief moment in time, and this particular morning of anticipation is something I'll always remember. My body was running on all cylinders and in tune with the mountains. Funny how that works. It ended up being an 18 hour round trip, with most of it in pure air, warm sunshine, and a 3 hour twilight. Those ultra-long-sunlight days of July are great. It seems like yesterday that I woke up next to this lakelet, but it's probably approaching 15 or more years ago.

Pentax 645
Arsat 30/3.5 Superwide

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story is as memorable as the image! Thank you for sharing the circumstances of that capture.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful pic and story as always from you Larry! Very Happy
Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing picture and a wonderful story indeed Larry! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small