Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TRIOPLAN 50/2.9 from folder camera converted to M39
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: TRIOPLAN 50/2.9 from folder camera converted to M39 Reply with quote

I removed the Trioplan from an old, folder camera (I don't remember which one exactly) and converted it to common M39 mount:

It's quite sharp and produces bubbles.
Samples from Sony A7R, no post-processing besides resizing. While shooting against light making shade simply by hand was very helpful and improved contrast.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. Looking at the images, I'm guessing your minimum focus distance is longer than the Altix version I have. I think the bokeh and bubbles will get more interesting with a slight extension.

I have a 3.5/75 version from a folder camera that I haven't adapted yet. Thanks for the encouragement.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, minimum focus distance is about 1 meter, Altix mount version has about 0,5 meter so is much more usable.

Trioplan 75/3.5 produces very little bubbly bokeh and is soft but has nice "retro" style:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:
Trioplan 75/3.5 produces very little bubbly bokeh and is soft but has nice "retro" style:

Looks interesting!
Better searched for a folder with 75mm 2.9 maybe for bubbles?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 75/2.9 is way better for bubbles, but you have to take into consideration that the minimal focus distance is about 1,5 meters (at least in two different versions I own). So you need to use either focusing helicoid or sacrifice its ability to focus infinity.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75mm gives enough space for a helicoid in adapting the lens, so you are not dependent of the frontcell focusing of the folder lens.
So I think that is the better way to go.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed. Even the cheapest one (17-31 mm) will be more than enough.