Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 50/1.4 - Fuji X-E2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 50/1.4 - Fuji X-E2 Reply with quote

Hi, first tries with my new setup, with so-so weather. C&C welcome Smile

46.7465;9.0679;315 by derdide, on Flickr

Some technicalities: this is a stitch of 68 shots, using the automatic Lightroom process. The RAW files have been pre-processed using Iridient X-transformer before import into Lightroom - I use an old version of LR (6.14), hence the pre-process. The lens was closed at 5.6 or 8 (not sure).

Last edited by ylyad on Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Most excellent result imho

A stitch of 68 photos?!!! Wow!!! Handheld or Jig?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Most excellent result imho
Thanks Smile
Quote:
A stitch of 68 photos?!!! Wow!!! Handheld or Jig?

Always handheld. When it comes to stitching, I'm mostly making landscape shots, so handheld is good enough (to me) especially with today's software.

And as for the 68: well, first, I tend to take a LOT of margin around my foreseen composition - with stitching comes cropping, straightening and missed overlaps, so the more shots, the better it is. And for this shot, I was using a 50mm on an APS-C camera. 68 is to be expected...

The resulting image for the above, before cropping, is around 230 megapixels Smile Processing it puts my computer on its knees, the stitching of course, but even the adjustments in LR.

More to come!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah! Like 1 .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After two weeks of quarantine, I had to get out and see the sky. In Switzerland, it is quite common to have a fully overcast weather for several weeks and after a while, it becomes quite depressing... Today, it was quite low!

47.1151;8.5122;270 by Dietmar D., sur Flickr