Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik ORESTON 50/1.8 + Sony A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Meyer-Optik ORESTON 50/1.8 + Sony A7R Reply with quote

Oreston 50/1.8, zebra version with M42 mount.

It's surprisingly sharp wide open, the bokeh is smooth. Sony A7R, f/1.8, no post-processing besides resizing.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a good lens to me .I like the sharpness , bokeh rendering and oof sparkling water drops ,and of course your rabbit (wich seems to be a love or hate affair as I saw from another posts . I admire also his stilish sweater !!! Twisted Evil )

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small
Nice old lens.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's indeed fine lens. By the way, I think some Pentacons 50/1.8, which are direct successors to Oreston, are equally good (being one of the most underrated lens ever).

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:
It's indeed fine lens. By the way, I think some Pentacons 50/1.8, which are direct successors to Oreston, are equally good (being one of the most underrated lens ever).

Agreed, with one note, Pentacon has lesser built quality in general than Meyers has.