Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer announces new Trioplan 2.8/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Meyer announces new Trioplan 2.8/50 Reply with quote

http://www.43rumors.com/meyer-optik-announces-the-new-trioplan-50mm-f2-9-micro-four-thirds-lens/

Company now located in Atlanta , Georgia.

German lens, ehemm, forget it...it is just a famous name and BIG marketing behind.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer announces new Trioplan 2.8/50 Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Why there is "Made in Germany" text?

edit: "The lens will cost you $449" Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer announces new Trioplan 2.8/50 Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Why there is "Made in Germany" text?

edit: "The lens will cost you $449" Shocked

the last line sounds very American - it's all about the bidness Wink

Ain't no "Made in Germany" - surely made in Asia Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 this is my opinion in short.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather buy the new lensbaby twist Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Me too!
I have no experience with Lensbaby products but this lens seems to render quite nice and it is not so expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems my gut feeling is right. Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It seems my gut feeling is right. Laugh 1

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

I would rather buy nothing from tzhem, but some rare russian lenses ...
ooops, I already just did a few times Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...ground breaking front focus element..."?? I'm sure many lens designers of the past century will be laughing in their graves...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep perhaps, but did they have hipsters to sell to?

Oh.. actually I suppose they did Razz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure I understand all the hate that seems to be directed towards these lenses; more choice is a good thing, and having good quality glass based on old lens designs for today's digital cameras is only a good thing...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snodge wrote:
I'm not quite sure I understand all the hate that seems to be directed towards these lenses; more choice is a good thing, and having good quality glass based on old lens designs for today's digital cameras is only a good thing...

Yes, but 449$ for a triplet is, IMO, a dishonest price. The production price for such a lens is quite low.
If it was under 100$, as I think it's real price should be, everything would be O.K. At the current price it feels like someone is trying to deceive us using the fame of the name "Trioplan" - that's why all the aversion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're living in a dream world if you expect any half decent lens to cost under a $100! Using the excuse that just because it's a triplet means it should be cheap, seems a bit ridiculous to me. Folk seem to be judging the lenses without even having seen how they perform for the type of photography that they like to do.

It would be like slating Nikon and Canon for their lenses, being mass-produced and soulless, and how they should be a 10th of the cost as they've recuperated all their dev costs etc...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$449 is actually reserved for Kickstarter preorder bubble-happy hipsters, the ground-breaking triplet will actually suck far more money from the peoples' wallets:

I apologize to families of those forum members that just died of massive laugh after getting this information.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snodge wrote:
Folk seem to be judging the lenses without even having seen how they perform for the type of photography that they like to do

I don't think that the correct price of a lens should be judged by how it performs for the type of photography that each of us like to do. Such a judgement is too personal and can't be done. A glass of water may value 1000000 $ for me when I die of thirst and nothing for you when you swim in your swimming pool.

The idea of this new lens is "A modernized lens built with its historic ideal in mind". Let's see how much is the value of "its historic ideal". On ebay it sales for 50-70 €. Compared with other lenses of the same era it was, and still is, an averidge, nice but cheap lens.
You are right, in my dream world it doesn't look fair to sell with 1499$ a modernized lens build with the ideal of a 50$ lens in mind.
In your real world this could be a fair price. If you appreciate that this lens will give you satisfaction worth 1499$ - go for it!
I'll stay with my older Trioplans.

As long as we respect each other having divergent opinions makes the charm of life.