Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New member saying hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: New member saying hello Reply with quote

Hello all, new member here. I've recently got the MF lens bug bad! Luckily I already had a Sony a6000 so I was ready to go. For me it's returning to my roots. I started in photography over 40 years ago and learned on completely manual systems. I even remember when I got my first camera body that had a *GASP* built-in light meter! Smile

So far I've acquired a couple of MF lenses, a Canon nFD 200mm f/4 and a Minolta 135mm f/3.5. I also have 3 more lenses coming including an Industar 50 f/3.5 "P". Shooting with MF lenses is so much fun that I'm seriously thinking of selling my AF lens collection and shoot strictly MF. The only downside I can see is when a shot is out of focus I won't be able to blame the camera. Laughing

Looking forward to learning a lot here and sharing experiences.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roka, welcome here! You'll find a lot of know how assembled here and a bunch of crazy folks too Wink

Have fun and enjoy the ride!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome! Friends

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Roka.
There is a great deal of satisfaction in using MF lenses as I'm sure that you are discovering.
You have joined a forum that is full of much expertise and goodwill.
One of the best forums around.
Enjoy your stay
OH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry for you. But maybe it's not too late and you still have a chance to run away from it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Roka Friends

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is highly addictive. I am sort of in your age group. I shot an om 1 for close to 20 years. You are off to a good start. Try konica lenses. They are still quite inexpensive and IQ ranks amongst the best in the industry.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Welcome Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Roka! Where are you from? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piktuolis wrote:
I'm so sorry for you. But maybe it's not too late and you still have a chance to run away from it.

No, definitely no way out Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for the kind greetings!

Oops - need to update the profile; visualopsins, I'm in the Phoenix, AZ metro area on the east side of the valley.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops sorry duplicate. Anyway Roka lots to learn but you have come to the right place. This is the most responsive forum I have found. Knowledgable people willing to share their expertise. I had a response to my first question in a matter of hours. I was so enamored I am now a supporting member. I recommend that you define your objective in queries as there are so many vintage lenses it boggles the brain. Don't hesitate to ask strange questions but be patient as the site includes members worldwide who frequently use translation software to communicate. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited by jamaeolus on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: New member saying hello Reply with quote

Roka wrote:
Hello all, new member here. I've recently got the MF lens bug bad! Luckily I already had a Sony a6000 so I was ready to go. For me it's returning to my roots. I started in photography over 40 years ago and learned on completely manual systems. I even remember when I got my first camera body that had a *GASP* built-in light meter! Smile

So far I've acquired a couple of MF lenses, a Canon nFD 200mm f/4 and a Minolta 135mm f/3.5. I also have 3 more lenses coming including an Industar 50 f/3.5 "P". Shooting with MF lenses is so much fun that I'm seriously thinking of selling my AF lens collection and shoot strictly MF. The only downside I can see is when a shot is out of focus I won't be able to blame the camera. Laughing

Looking forward to learning a lot here and sharing experiences.

Welcome. I could almost mirror what you said. My first camera with meter was Minolta SRT-102. 44 years a photographer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Roka! I've been to and through Phoenix many times. It's a great place, as long as you don't mind the heat!

I'll say this since you're just getting started. Beware of GAS. When I first discovered being able to mount MF lenses to my DSLR, I had only a small collection of old Nikkors. That was seven years ago. Now I probably have close to 100 MF lenses of all sorts and all mounts, thanks to my NEX. GAS is difficult for me to control, unless I'm flat broke. So take if from me: beware of GAS.

Oh, by the way, I'm probably in your age group. I've been active in photography since I bought my first "real" camera in 1982 -- a Canon AE-1. I got off to a late start -- I was 29 -- but I was determined to make up for it. Just a few years later, I was doing freelance work in motorsports. I had two complete F-1 outfits by then and a bag full of premium FD glass.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roka,
Warm regards from Indonesia.