Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exa with Primagon 4.5/35mm Fujicolor C200 problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Exa with Primagon 4.5/35mm Fujicolor C200 problems Reply with quote

The lens seems nice, but maybe there are light leaks.
Also I guess the lens hood was blocking the lens some.
All straight scans from developer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems there is just one frame with a light leak - and I agree, thats a light leak.
There are no similar cases on the rest, so I think it was just a loading or unloading problem.
Otherwise it seems you got excellent exposure and it is quite sharp/high contrast.

You stopped down quite a lot, that Exa only goes to 1/150. f/16 f/22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Seems there is just one frame with a light leak - and I agree, thats a light leak.
There are no similar cases on the rest, so I think it was just a loading or unloading problem.
Otherwise it seems you got excellent exposure and it is quite sharp/high contrast.

You stopped down quite a lot, that Exa only goes to 1/150. f/16 f/22

I didn't include all of them. The flower shot is the first frame. The shot by the church is no. 16. I shot
mostly at f/16 because it was so bright and the prism finder was difficult to use in the shade. Another
problem was the frame counter did not work. The part the film catches did not move so it was awkward
rolling on the film.
I remember now that I noticed the problem with the frame counter and opened the camera to see if the film
was advancing. That however was before I took any photos, but it could have influenced some of them.

Last edited by uddhava on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice retro look Smile
And the lens looks sharp.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it must be a leak from the film door. Sometimes Exas leak through the hinge in the shutter, but in that case the light would be streaking from the bottom of the frame, rather than the top.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
It looks like it must be a leak from the film door. Sometimes Exas leak through the hinge in the shutter, but in that case the light would be streaking from the bottom of the frame, rather than the top.

Thank you.
Would it correspond to the place where the light is coming down on the photo? These cameras don't use a
gasket to keep the light out, rather only the bend of the metal around the edges of the door.
I don't notice any defect on the door.
This is my first roll of film through this camera. My next will be trying out my Pentacon MTL 3, all cameras I got
from buying lenses. I do it for fun, but some drama comes along with it. Wink
The Exa is a nice camera to hold and use although the viewfinder is not so great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like light is coming through the bottom section of the door, the simplest solution would be to just keep the camera in its ever ready case when loaded with film. Or maybe just put a piece of tape over the bottom seam.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Really nice retro look Smile
And the lens looks sharp.

Thank you!

Mos6502 wrote:
It looks like light is coming through the bottom section of the door, the simplest solution would be to just keep the camera in its ever ready case when loaded with film. Or maybe just put a piece of tape over the bottom seam.

Thank you, I have the case for it so I will try that.