Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sonnar or Jupiter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Sonnar or Jupiter? Reply with quote

Photos are from local auction site. SN 3200442 Mount is Contax/Kiev
Name ring seems genuine, but markings on the lens barrel - less so.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hybird

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a Jupiter body to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the one I like:

Entanglement by unoh7, Nikkor 8.5cm F/2

The Zeiss killer. Note "C" on lens body. Made to mount straight on the Contax RF bodies. Introduced in 1948, it out-performed the zeiss at every level, including build and quality control.

22,000 made, easy to find. Smile

Underneath is 1937 CZJ 135/4

I paid $85 for both. A close look and you will see the gorgeous early nikkor build, in contrast to the older Zeiss, let alone the Russian clones. By 1951 LIFE shooters had dropped the Zeiss 85s for this lens, after extensive multi-copy head to head testing.

The Canons were really not far off, but it was Nikkor which lead the way for the Japanese Camera industry into the American market (at this time Europe was still staggering with limited consumer cash), and Canon has remained on Nikon coattails, at least psychologically, ever since Smile

But for FD lovers, that's a good thing Wink