Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2nd body as backup for a6000?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: 2nd body as backup for a6000? Reply with quote

I love my a6000 for shooting MF lenses but I'd like a 2nd body as a backup and so I could have 2 mounted lenses available at all times. I was going to get another a6000 but thought I'd consider other options first. I came across the a3000 in another forum and that looks like a real contender. Does anyone have experience with other bodies I should consider?

Requirements:

1) It has to be a Sony e mount body.

2) I shoot a lot of BIFs so I need an EVF.

3) It has to have focus peaking for MF.

Would likes:

1) Same battery as a6000.

2) Uses SD cards.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

used nex6 could be the answer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raxar wrote:
check out nex7's new price! it match your requirement and it even has better evf than a6000!

Or a Nex 6. Depends on which sensor you want.
Sony A6000 they downgraded the evf and removed the level.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my NEX 7. You can pick them up used now for very reasonable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If prepared to spend a little more on adapter(s), I would buy a Fuji x-e1, body can be cheaper than the above suggestions. I used nex 3, 6 and now using a6000 and fuji x-a1. While I like the capabilities and resolution of the Sony, I find myself carrying the fuji more and more, it has something special about it. (I very rarely use Autofocus lenses)
World of so many choices

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The complaint for the a3000 is the EVF is poor. Not enough resolution to focus well with manual focus. I would forego this model.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEX-7 if you like to have good EVF or NEX-5 with external evf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A7.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not recommend the A3000 at all, the viewfinder and the LCD have too low resolution, and although the concept is quite nice, the building is not up to whay we can minimally expect.

I've had one of those for two years and finally gave up on using it. I replaced it by an used NEX-F3, (105€) that has a nice tiltable LCD screen, and I put an optical viewfinder on top of the LCD screen (Sevenoak). This fits my bill of what a "backup body" is for me.

Of course another A6000 would be great, or any of the above bigger recommendations.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
A7.

I would love to have an A7 as a "back up" for my NEX 7!

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. I especially appreciate the comments about the a3000. I think I'll pass on that one. And I'd LOVE an a7 as a "backup" camera but that sadly is not in the budget. I've looked at the NEX-x but the prices don't seem to be low enough to justify buying a used camera as reliability is the main concern. So I'll probably just hang on and wait for the price of the a6000 to hopefully drop now that the a6300 is out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep an eye out for folks upgrading and unloading their a6000s.