Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Recommended LTM or M mount lenses for Fuji X system -Anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Recommended LTM or M mount lenses for Fuji X system -Anyone? Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I am looking for advise for a list of recommended budget to mid range compact Leica LTM or M mount lenses for my Fuji X system.
I already have the Voigtlander Heliar Aspherical II 15mm f4.5, and the new collection would hopefuly to complement my AF Fuji X lenses:
35mm f1.4 R
56mm f1.2 R
18-55mm f2.8-4 R OIS

I am new to RF lens ranges. I have read a lot of good things about the Canon 50MM F/1.4 LTM. But then again it is too close to my 56/1.2 in speed and focal length.

If it were you, what would you buy?
The purpose is mainly for street portraiture and general photgraphy.

Thanks,
Si

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon 100mm f/3.5 LTM. Small, cheap and a good performer Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Canon 100mm f/3.5 LTM. Small, cheap and a good performer Wink

Thanks very much Lars.
Since I already have the Olympus 100mm f2.8, would the Canon LTM version be more compact?
What about the Oylmpus Pen F series? I am also curious about the 25mm f2.8.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommended LTM or M mount lenses for Fuji X system -Any Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am looking for advise for a list of recommended budget to mid range compact Leica LTM or M mount lenses for my Fuji X system.
I already have the Voigtlander Heliar Aspherical II 15mm f4.5, and the new collection would hopefuly to complement my AF Fuji X lenses:
35mm f1.4 R
56mm f1.2 R
18-55mm f2.8-4 R OIS

I am new to RF lens ranges. I have read a lot of good things about the Canon 50MM F/1.4 LTM. But then again it is too close to my 56/1.2 in speed and focal length.

If it were you, what would you buy?
The purpose is mainly for street portraiture and general photgraphy.

Thanks,
Si

I have the ltm 50mm 1.4 as my main 50mm lens. Its defiently a unique lens and has its quirks. I nowhere near as clean and modern as the 56mm 1.2. Its very low contrast thru out the apertures but incredible sharp at f2 and smaller but dont expect magic at 1.4. It has a infinty lock which is very annoying but i removed mine because it slowed me down alot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already have most of the field covered with some very fine lenses.
Perhaps a 135mm if there is one, however I would like to suggest a non LTM as a suitable addition to your range.
The Samyang 12mm f2 is made in Fuji X-mount and is a very fine lens
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CV 28/1.9 or 28/2 would give you the perfect "normal" with effective FL of around 43mm. Those are wonderful lenses. 325-425USD depending on your luck Smile

Next, the CV 75/2.5 is very good and around 275USD.

Nordento's suggestion is very good too, and they are around 150USD or even less.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
CV 28/1.9 or 28/2 would give you the perfect "normal" with effective FL of around 43mm. Those are wonderful lenses. 325-425USD depending on your luck Smile

Next, the CV 75/2.5 is very good and around 275USD.

Nordento's suggestion is very good too, and they are around 150USD or even less.

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small