Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A walk with the Yashinon DX 2.8/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: A walk with the Yashinon DX 2.8/35 Reply with quote

An outing this afternoon.
Some snaps
OH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog
Very good images! Your lens looks to be a good one.
I really like the build and look of this lens. A Bauhaus style to the body. I picked up one, but mine is mildly de-centered at the far left edge. So, I can only use it for close up stills.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashinon's......they just 'do it'. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bridge is that?You never post boring subjects Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good pics.

Did you pp in the CA?

A médium contrast lens, as in the end of the 60's to Middle of the 70's the people liked to use.

Good resolution poder.

Nice lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas.

Hi Mo,
this bridge is one of the new river crossings for the Pacific Highway hereabouts. This one crosses the Wilson River here at Telegraph Point. There is another longer bridge under construction over the Hastings River a little further south, but it is not as advanced at this stage.
When finished there will be a completely new four lane highway between Port Macquarie/Wauchope and Kempsey.

Hi papasio,
I did pp all images from RAW in LR5.
Exposure only but no CA correction at all.
I did remove one spot of flare from the b/w image of the sky, but it was the only one.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand - for your next mission (should you choose to accept it!) - get some images of the bridge being constructed - can't be many opportunities like that! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snodge wrote:
Oldhand - for your next mission (should you choose to accept it!) - get some images of the bridge being constructed - can't be many opportunities like that! Smile

I had better accept this mission before the message self-destructs Smile
It is difficult to gain access to the worksite on a weekday when construction is in progress because of safety barriers and exclusion zones. Weekends are a different matter when workers have gone home. I will attempt the mission, but I don't hold out much hope of getting anywhere near as close as I was able on this occasion.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few pix of the lens
OH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a longer lens Wink My husband works in this industry hence my interest. It has been awhile since we have been up that way, glad to see they have "nearly" finished.I look forward to your mission being accomplished and what lens you use.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Use a longer lens Wink My husband works in this industry hence my interest. It has been awhile since we have been up that way, glad to see they have "nearly" finished.I look forward to your mission being accomplished and what lens you use.

Sage advice Mo - thank you.
The week has been busy and I have not yet been back.
It's on the list.
Here's one more of my grandson pretending to be Charles Atlas
OH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy That is awesome! I have one of my son when little trying to pull a massive anchor.