Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar-22 vs. Jupiter-8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Industar-22 vs. Jupiter-8 Reply with quote

I was curious to see the difference between two Soviet basic and most spread types of 50mm, Industar and Jupier ones. So I took a collapsible version of Industar-22 which is reputed for its "vintage" rendering, and a RF-version of Jupiter-8, both with red "P", late 1950s.

Since many images are gone from the threads here, and the pics previously made by the members using both lenses are no more accessible, here is a quick and not so sweet test of both wide open, side-by-side.

Shots are made with Sony NEX-5N, resized and only slightly sharpened during resize.

What I immediately see in the shots, Industar-22 gives a yellow colouring at 3.5, while Jupiter-8 gives visibly blue OOF at 2.0. So, Jupiter looks more "modern", and Industar more vintage ideed. I am also surprised to recognize better distant shapes and lines at f2 made by Jupiter-8 than at f3.5 made by Industar-22 the latter being more watercolour-like. And finally when you look at the crops which I made especially for the bokeh, Industar's one is not too harsh as compared to Jupiter, I imagined worse.

What would you say?