Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NIKKOR Ai 24/2.8 - need help with cleaning front glass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: NIKKOR Ai 24/2.8 - need help with cleaning front glass Reply with quote

I have amazingly performing manual focus Nikkor 24/2.8. It has some fungus at the very edge of the front glass. How could I remove the front glass? I tried to unscrew front plate (with inscriptions, serial number etc.) using various tools but I failed. Do I really need to get it "from inside"?

This is the lens:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you have to get at that front element from the front. Did you try a large rubber stopper to remove the front bezel? Behind the bezel should be a retainer ring with the slots for a lens spanner.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, most likely you need to go from behind - the entire optical probably comes out as one if it is designed as other Nikkors of that generation. An alternative/complementary solution is to remove the rubber ring, unscrew the front edge of the focusing ring and look for a set screw located under it. Once set screw is loosened, you can unscrew the front of the lens. Actually, do start from the front.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with Nikkors, but for vintage lenses, it should be accessible from the front. See if this helps you,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWZ9pPFKYb8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I tried to remove front ring/plate in all ways I know that worked with my other lenses. So before I use even greater momentum I decided to ask, I don't want to ruin this masterpiece.