Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My new jewel: Biotar 5.8cm, f/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: My new jewel: Biotar 5.8cm, f/2 Reply with quote

Hello to all.
i want o present to you my newest acquisition: CZJ Biotar 5,8cm f2 black

It came with a Praktica camera and I paid 38 euros

It has some signs of use, like some marks on the coatings and the focus ring is not the smoothest I played with.
Does any one knows how this compares with the silver one?

Sample photos soon to come, hope to get some sun in the weekend Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the silver version. Came on an absolutely mint exakta vxiia. The focus is also stiff (seems to have been an issue on CZJ lenses from that era as I have some Tessar and Sonnar, and Pancolar with the same problem) I can't speak to the comparison as I don not have the black body version.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK you've made a solid bargain no matter what comparison & lens condition (if all flaws are CLAble) is

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

38€ seems to be a good price, a relube should make it feel like new again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My new jewel: Biotar 5.8cm, f/2 Reply with quote

mutusorin wrote:
Hello to all.
i want o present to you my newest acquisition: CZJ Biotar 5,8cm f2 black

Beautiful beast - small, lightweight, black ... i happened to find one (the black one) recently on a Miranda Sensorex (also in black) which gives a rather unusual, yet nice looking combination.
The set had been used by a wealthy manager in the Lake Geneva area, and therefore it has a history of its own. That story will be told sooner or later on "artaphot" Wink

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight from camera (Sony A6000)