Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Automated film development - good idea or over engineering?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Automated film development - good idea or over engineering? Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/music/osiris-f1-one-film-processor-231726345.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have see them started shipping this in the last Dec. It is a pretty good idea IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It is a pretty good idea IMHO.

It is! But it's quite the price for me..... i pay 5 euros for development of a C41 or E6 film, no prints, just the negs. B/W i do myself, and i can do a lot of rolls with a bottle of HC110 or Adonal.
So to break even i'd have to process many, many rolls of film.

It's absolutely useful if you have a few colorfilms each week, i hardly shoot 15 C41 films in one year. Which reminds me: i should shoot more film......

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
It is a pretty good idea IMHO.

It is! But it's quite the price for me..... i pay 5 euros for development of a C41 or E6 film, no prints, just the negs. B/W i do myself, and i can do a lot of rolls with a bottle of HC110 or Adonal.
So to break even i'd have to process many, many rolls of film.

It's absolutely useful if you have a few colorfilms each week, i hardly shoot 15 C41 films in one year. Which reminds me: i should shoot more film......

The market for this machine is small but it is good to those with limited space develop their film in-house or those who have difficulties accessing a good lab. The price in China is 5000 CNY(less than $800) which is not so expensive IMHO.