Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar electric 1.8/50 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar electric 1.8/50 MC Reply with quote

Scrabo Tower, Northern Ireland

Canon EOS 5DMKII + Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar electric 1.8/50 MC @ f11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful,light, colour and sharp enough in this image....perfect lens Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Beautiful,light, colour and sharp enough in this image....perfect lens Smile

Thanks Mo. The shot was taken handheld in a strong crosswind so would have been even sharper if I had had a tripod with me. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a monopod because I don't like carrying the tripod Smile it seems to work ok in most instances.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
The light and colors highlight the age of the tower and the people on the right side give a sense of its scale.
Without them, considering only the proportions between the architectural elements, I thought it is much smaller. No other elements in the photo can be referred as scale elements. It is, somehow, strange how big it is.
Are those people at the same distance with the tower of they are, in fact, further?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Are those people at the same distance with the tower of they are, in fact, further?

Sorry Dan, a long time waiting for a reply. Embarassed

The people are the same distance from me as the tower.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to see the picture in this thread again after some years.The Pancolar was a significant achievement for CZJ.