Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Isolette II, Kodak Portra 400.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Agfa Isolette II, Kodak Portra 400. Reply with quote

How modern! par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Incoming storm, Lofoten Islands par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

A fisherman's house in the Lofoten Islands par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Cheers, Kris.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice results !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Really nice results !

+1.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are beautiful. I love film and portra 400 is a favorite. I have very nice digital cameras and seldom use them. Digital just doesn't give me the look of film that I love. Digital to me seems kind of sterile but has places that it is a life saver.

Not trying to turn anything into a dig vs film. Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you develop yourself, Kris? If so, do you use the Jobo press kit or other??

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Do you develop yourself, Kris? If so, do you use the Jobo press kit or other??

I don't have the room to do it myself, unfortunately, so I send them off to "The Darkroom UK". Excellent service (catch the post one day, arrive back two days later), excellent quality but a little pricey. I looked for cheaper options but got fed up with rubbish results so now I bite the bullet and pay the cost of a good job.

K.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent...nice to see film shots.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me, have you been using an apotar or solinar isolette? I have both but I'm uncertain about the apotar's performance. your shots are nice and the dynamic range is what I would like to have from my isolette.

If you have been using an apotar that would make me feel better.

Both mine are 85 mm in focal length, earlier models.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bghomofaber wrote:
Please tell me, have you been using an apotar or solinar isolette? I have both but I'm uncertain about the apotar's performance. your shots are nice and the dynamic range is what I would like to have from my isolette.

If you have been using an apotar that would make me feel better.

Both mine are 85 mm in focal length, earlier models.

Mine has a Agnar lens and the Pronto shutter. Hope that helps. It cost a grand £12.50 from a charity shop. K.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. I have an Isolette III with a jammed focusing ring -- needs a CLA anyway -- and I should stop putting it off getting that thing repaired. Especially when I see results like what you're getting with yours. Man-o-man, do those images look nice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Beautiful. I have an Isolette III with a jammed focusing ring -- needs a CLA anyway -- and I should stop putting it off getting that thing repaired. Especially when I see results like what you're getting with yours. Man-o-man, do those images look nice.

+1
how pricey is the lab service ? Did they scanned it too ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same camera and like using it. Nice results with nice film and skill.