Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another go with Caffenal and Kodachrome
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Another go with Caffenal and Kodachrome Reply with quote

Managed to snag some ascorbic acid this morning... haven't been able to find any locally for months now. But with some in hand now, resumed my project of shooting some old Kodachrome and developing it in caffenol.

I just fired off 6 frames to test the solution, and the ascorbic acid sure makes a HUGE difference. Without it, the film was dark and muddy, with very little contrast. Took a lot of editing to even get a decent image.

Add the ascorbic acid, and the negatives just pop right off the film base!

Pardon the water spots..... this was just a test run.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I did never take this receipt seriously.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Interesting, I did never take this receipt seriously.

Attila did you ever try it?

Which recipe of Caffenol did you use. I have tried several and had variable results. The ascorbic is available from health stores and those that sell bodybuilding nutrition.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
..........Which recipe of Caffenol did you use......

My recipe, for now, is:

100ml Washing soda
16ml Ascorbic acid
160ml Coffee
Add water to make 1 liter

(smaller portions can be calculated out)

Develop at 68°F for 15 minutes, rinse with tap water as a stop bath (continue to rinse until water is clear; it comes out very black as a result of the remjet being removed by the washing soda) and fix with Ilford fixer for 5 minutes.