Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Sonnar 4/300 Carl Zeiss Jena DDR on D750
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: MC Sonnar 4/300 Carl Zeiss Jena DDR on D750 Reply with quote

I roof topped my home for these shots! Smile

The front element is scratched by cleaning by the previous user but this lens is still so sharp! All done wide open at f/4.

When hand held it's nearly impossible to use the magnified live view for precise focusing - it's very dizzying!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, crisp and sharp, rich in details!

The flattening effect of the telephoto lens gives shots like no.6 something special, makes you look and wonder about what piece of building belongs to what! Somewhat dizzying indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CZJ Sonnar 300mm F4 is a lens that "slipped through my fingers", metaphorically speaking, many years ago. Then it was only possible to buy it in the local market. I got very frustrated at that time because I really wanted that lens. Fortunately my rationality came back soon, and I ended up buying a Super Takumar 300mm F4, which is very sharp lens, weighs only 850 grams without the tripod collar, and can be used hand held. The "defect" of the Super Takumar is its lateral chromatic aberration, but it can be easily eliminated by PP. The "defect" of the Sonnar 300mm F4 is the large size and weight of more than 2 kilograms, which in practice requires a tripod for best results. I always had the impression that in the former East Germany, lack of optical glasses and aluminum was never a problem. However, who is not afraid of large and heavy optics will find that the CZJ Sonnar 300mm F4 is a fantastic lens. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the weight is an issue indeed!!! I shot a roll of TMY on pentacon six at the same spot too and am eager to have it developed soon. Smile