Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1B
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1B Reply with quote

A few month ago I got this very fine camera, the Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1B. It's a twin lens reflex camera.
After some cleaning, I made some shots in 2015, december with Kodak TMax400.
Then developed the film in Kodak XTol and scanned on Epson 4490.

The camera has double exposure safety which is great to avoid making some (I made some double exposures with a Royer Royflex and a Rolleicord... but giving sometimes interesting results).

The camera

Photos

Two prints

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looked cold and wet,you did very well. I do like the way you framed the last two images.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thank you Moira. it's good to talk with you again. Wink
It was cold, wet and windy, and these are often good conditions for fine photographies by the sea.
Last two are 30x40cm framed prints.
Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to hear from you again and that you are playing with B&W film + TLR.I think that sort of weather suits B&W,the waves in the ocean set the mood.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking camera and nice results!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: My IKOFLEX Reply with quote

When I was in the British Army in Germany I bought a NEW IKOFLEX for about £ 15-00 Sterling ( in D. Marks) but it had the Zeiss 'Opton' Tessar lens and after a couple of years use back in UK results were out of focus and I was told that the 'Opton Tessar' was set in pitch in the mount and when it got hot the pitch melted and the lens sunk in -- not sure how true but results got really bad ! I sold it cheap to an 'unsuspecting' Camera Club member ----

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thk you Pete for live experience feedback.
The Opton version was told to be better optically but my "simple" 3.5/75mm Tessar version gives good results for me.

About pitch (tar?), I never heard of it. I don't know about mine because weather was not hot at all... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focus shift on these simple TLRs isn't strange.
And its very easy to figure out where the problem is, with a groundglass across the film plane.
Its not the taking lens that moves, most likely, its the groundglass or the viewing lens, as either or both of these are adjustable for infinity. That would have been a standard maintenance check for these.

Btw, that is a fine camera. It was a very good value in its day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can buy an ikoflex.
One with the tessar 3,5/75 or another with the novar lens.
Wich to chose?
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
I can buy an ikoflex.
Wich to chose?
Thanks

From my experience, besides better corners at larger apertures Tessar would give you a better contrast. But, being a triplet, Novar is also a very good lens, and I was once impressed by the quality it rendered with film.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
papasito wrote:
I can buy an ikoflex.
Wich to chose?
Thanks

From my experience, besides better corners at larger apertures Tessar would give you a better contrast. But, being a triplet, Novar is also a very good lens, and I was once impressed by the quality it rendered with film.

Thank you. Very much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, a bit late...
I'm very happy with the Tessar results.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I bought the Ic with the tessar lens.
I hope the IQ is similar to the tessar for rolleiflex or, at least, to the yashinons for yashica tlr.

I will use it with my contaflex super B and my digital cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good choice.
Can't wait to see your results. Smile