Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunset pictures with Nikkor 55mm f3.5 Ai
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Sunset pictures with Nikkor 55mm f3.5 Ai Reply with quote

Pictures taken with a Nikon Micro 55mm f3.5 ais on a Fuji X-t10






Last edited by wolan on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots. Great detail. But are you sure your Micro Nikkor is an AIs? To my knowledge, all AIs 55mm Micro Nikkors are f/2.8. The 55mm f/3.5 was made in both pre-AI and AI versions.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Very nice shots. Great detail. But are you sure your Micro Nikkor is an AIs? To my knowledge, all AIs 55mm Micro Nikkors are f/2.8. The 55mm f/3.5 was made in both pre-AI and AI versions.

Thanks.
You are right, my mistake, it is the Nikkor-Micro 55mm f3.5 AI.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/55f35ai.htm
It is said to be a bit sharper than the 55mm f2.8.

It is a fantastic lens, it shines on Nikon's modern high-resolution cameras like the D600 and D800.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorgeous shots. Great color.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice location, looks warm, I love sunsets, so colourful.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply beautiful setting!


PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
Very nice shots. Great detail. But are you sure your Micro Nikkor is an AIs? To my knowledge, all AIs 55mm Micro Nikkors are f/2.8. The 55mm f/3.5 was made in both pre-AI and AI versions.

Thanks.
You are right, my mistake, it is the Nikkor-Micro 55mm f3.5 AI.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/55f35ai.htm
It is said to be a bit sharper than the 55mm f2.8.

It is a fantastic lens, it shines on Nikon's modern high-resolution cameras like the D600 and D800.


I believe you. I have an old mid-60s pre-AI 55/3.5 Micro-Nikkor and it is an amazingly sharp optic. I own probably a half-dozen macro lenses and that old Micro-Nikkor is sharper than all but one -- that one being the Tamron 90mm macro, and those two are tied as far as sharpness goes.


PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a version (very late AI) of the Nikkor 55mm Micro. In each pic, I tried to use the least DOF to grab a coherent shot: each pic shot @ f/4, on FX body. jt

#1


#2


#3


PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of macro lenses that perform at all focus distances, they are great tools that can expand the envelope of what's possible when you're out in the field.

Nice shots, there is something about bare branches in winter, all that life just waiting for the right time and conditions to burst fourth.


PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

Sunset photos are really nice, Wolan!


PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Calvin says - "the best lens is the one that you have with you".
Well done Wolan.
Lovely colours
Tom


PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I'm a big fan of macro lenses that perform at all focus distances, they are great tools that can expand the envelope of what's possible when you're out in the field.

Nice shots, there is something about bare branches in winter, all that life just waiting for the right time and conditions to burst fourth.


Agreed!: the usefulness of a lens increases its likelihood of use. And glad you did not associate the somber mood of the subjects with the performance of the lens. Perhaps (paradoxically) the promise of life is awakened in the gloom, sobriety & goading of deathlike winter.

Thanks for the kind and thought-provoking prose. Best, jt