Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZ 135 Sonnar Exakta mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: CZ 135 Sonnar Exakta mount Reply with quote

Thanks to the kindness of MFLenses member Mo, I now have a Zeiss Jena 135mm f4 Sonnar dating from the 1960s, in Exakta auto diaphragm mount. It's the "sophisticated" mounting that focuses down to 1 meter and has the iris that automatically compensates for the decrease in effective aperture at close range. If you set the aperture to f4 and focus close, the aperture scale rotates back towards f5.6 to remind you of what's happening. We don't need that sort of help any more as TTL metering systems [usually] allow for the diminution of light, but back in the day it was a nice facility to have.

Taken on a Lumix G6 so we don't see the "real" edges and corners. Click on image for bigger size.

No multi coating on this lens, but it does fairly well Wink

Bubbles !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see its enjoying its new home.Rusty gates are fun to shoot and you certainly brought out the colors.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, typical Sonnar so rather good. I tend to think the f4 had an edge in sharpness over the later f3.5.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to have good eyes to discern that... Very Happy I have the later MC S 3.5/135 and kept it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got half a dozen of them and a load of Jupiter copies and I think the sharpest of the lot is my 1955 Opton Contax f4. That said, they are all great, even my 1938 uncoated one.