Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 52B 90mm Macro Adaptall 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Tamron 52B 90mm Macro Adaptall 2 Reply with quote

I talk much, but when it come to write I'm almost silent. Like to read. But this time I have something to share

In the day when Tamron present "brand new" 90mm macro lens. I want to share with you some photos from old 90 from '80 Smile

Spec is well knownhttp://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/52B.html.

Adaptall 2 mount worked unproper showing f/4 not f/2.5 so EXIF aperture is wrong by 1,5.

I also aquire Pentax AF converter so.. Some photos are not strictly MF Smile. Thanks to morigify LR plugin exif data on photos! (great plugin! worth to buy)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens, especially with the 01F Teleconverter. It's a lens I will never sell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something new
K1 + 90mm 2.5@4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is to me the supreme leader of the Underdogs League. Especially with current post processing capabilities, there is little to complain with it.

Using it infrequently but never ever came up with the most publicized "Blue dot" issue during actual shooting. Maybe it does not interfere with my style, but at the end, it is a lens with more than enough sharpness and beautiful "bokeh". These two rarely come up at the same time. Compactness and easiness to focus are other features not found in many of its counterparts.

A lens that deserves a very big Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in complete agreement with Lloydy and listera. The Tamron 90mm macro is one of my most prized lenses. I've owned mine for 27 years, and it isn't going anywhere. Scary sharp!

A 100% crop of a rosebud. Canon XS, Tamron 90mm macro. Note the trace of spiderweb suspended between leaflets.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here!
Love this old 'full metal' lens - the later 52BB is another style that I didn't like.

I also habe the later adapatll 2.8/90 which is a different thing:
more a very sharp short tele with additional macro abilities.
More sharpness wide opened but not increasing the same when stopped down.

Therefore I have both ... crazy?