Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

7artisans 25/1.8 + Sony NEX-6 & Fuji X-M1 & Canon M3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: 7artisans 25/1.8 + Sony NEX-6 & Fuji X-M1 & Canon M3 Reply with quote

So I finally got this little Chinese lens - 7artisans 25/1.8, Sony E mount:

Once again I'm shocked by image quality by Chinese lens out of nowhere.
Sony NEX-6, wide open, no post-processing besides resizing.

Minimal focus distance, still wide open:

Last edited by chudy128314 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:09 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, close focus center sharpness looks good. But what about in landscape mode (infinity, f/8 ), is it sharp to the corners?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check when I have some light Smile.
Meanwhile take a look here, it's 1:1 crop from the very edge of the first photo (wide open). From what I know it's nearly as sharp as Nex-6 sensor is able to detect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

The camera-lens combo looks very practical too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got also Fuji X version. It delivers as well. Shoots from Fuji X-M1, no post processing besides resizing. By the way, Fuji jpgs can challenge Sony ones, look how they pop.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing colors!! Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 You should see Panasonic colors Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder how big the image circle is on FF Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting lens!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do't get it how all those new Chinese lenses are so good being rather simple in design and very cheap Are today's machines, production processes and raw materials so much better than in the past?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is also a matter of using (or even copying) existing designs, which eliminates a lot of R&D-costs?

And possibly something that fits into the broader chinese economic strategy of "dumping prices" (not sure if this is the correct english translation)

Besides, I can also imagine the employees in e.g. Germany and Japan being better paid and better treated than employees in some Chinese production environment.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Fuji images Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't resist an ebay-offer for $70 including shipping... so now waiting for a package from China Happy Cat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
Maybe it is also a matter of using (or even copying) existing designs, which eliminates a lot of R&D-costs?

And possibly something that fits into the broader chinese economic strategy of "dumping prices" (not sure if this is the correct english translation)

Besides, I can also imagine the employees in e.g. Germany and Japan being better paid and better treated than employees in some Chinese production environment.

The English term you're looking for is, I believe, a "loss leader" strategy. I expressed the same sentiments before but when you think about the market, and historical prices, and the contemporary demand for quality, not much has changed. Another member made sensible points about it: http://forum.mflenses.com/two-meike-e-mount-lenses-on-the-a6500-t77603.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cost of designing a lens is much more lower now than in the old days. The production cost can be keep low if it is mass produced using non-exotic glass and coating. With a relatively low labor cost, they can offer a lens with decent performance at relatively cheap price.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The cost of designing a lens is much more lower now than in the old days. The production cost can be keep low if it is mass produced using non-exotic glass and coating. With a relatively low labor cost, they can offer a lens with decent performance at relatively cheap price.

+1

Not only lenses. East Asia can translate idea to completed item so fast! Let's be wise with the possibilities! Change the world better for everyone without harm to anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine a few weeks ago, and also took it on a short vacation. It's a very versatile lens. At f/1.8 it remains useful for night time street shots. The very short minimum focus distance is convenient e.g. for dinner-shots.

On 2 days of the trip, my kit was the 7artisans 25, a Summicron-R 90 and a Samyang 12mm. This proved a very solid kit covering everything I may want to shoot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got another one, with Canon EOS M mount:

Still great fun. Wide open, Canon EOS M3, no post-processing besides resizing:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Fantastic.

Delivery of this lens (for my X-E2) is pending. I was looking for a good and still affordable lens in the 23/24/25mm focal length area and finally found a mint copy for a very good price.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 7artisans 35/1.2 just arrived and quite pleased with the results, now I am curious about this 25mm.
Images samples looks nice, Im going to have it ordered too.
Thanks for the references.
oh Im using the X-E1 btw.