Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FDn 35-105/3.5 Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Canon FDn 35-105/3.5 Question Reply with quote

Been looking for a good copy of this lens (72mm filter variant). Would anyone know the preferred range of serial numbers or date codes for this lens where there would be a good chance of getting a good copy? I've been searching for this info but so far have come up empty handed. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good copy in this case would be a copy in good condition, IMO. This lens does not really lend itself to repair, so you need to get one with no issues.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear what you're saying, but I've tried a few that were in very good to excellent cosmetic condition, but haven't had any luck. While the centers were pin sharp, they all had edge softness issues on one side or the other. I'm just wondering if this lens is known for having edge issues. Test shots at f/8 and various focal lengths were consistent with regard to the edge issues. I'm not sure if I've just had bad luck, or if this is to be expected with this lens. A day or so ago I came across an obscure comment on some forum (can't remember which) where a member was selling this very lens and mentioned that it was one of the "recommended serial numbers", but he or she never elaborated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought that lens many years ago at ebay in very good condition. just look for it, if you really want one...and look at each one, sort out the best and buy it. Wink