Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 7D mark II split image focusing screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Canon 7D mark II split image focusing screen Reply with quote

Does anybody make a split-image / microprism focusing screen for the Canon 7D mark II? I'm about to upgrade from the 7D to the 7D mk II, but I can't find any info about aftermarket focusing screens for the 7D2. I love the Katzeye screen that I use on my 7D (mark I), but Katzeye has gone out of business, and google isn't turning up any alternatives.

Will the 7D screen work on the 7D2? That might explain why nobody's advertising them for the 7D mk 2.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. 7D2 has a new focus screen.

Will you consider the Canon Eh-S Super Precision Matte?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1081823-REG/canon_9136b001_eh_s_focusing_screen.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Will you consider the Canon Eh-S Super Precision Matte?

No, I really want the split image. Having a microprism ring around the split image is gravy. A solid matte screen like the Eh-S that doesn't work above f/2.8 is nearly useless to me because it can't be used with most of my manual focus lenses.

It amazes me that a popular camera that's been out for 18 months still doesn't have any aftermarket focusing screens available. Is there a technical reason that it's impossible to do so? Was using manual focus lenses just a fad whose time has passed? Why is nobody making focusing screens for the 7D mark II?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can ask the send an mail to http://www.focusingscreen.com/contact_us.php?language=en or ask the sellers in eBay who sell focus screens.