Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help needed with device that Heligon 50/2 is mounted on
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Help needed with device that Heligon 50/2 is mounted on Reply with quote

I bought Heligon 50/2 that is solid mounted on some "device". The device has focusing screen and no moveable parts. What is the purpose of this combo?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess: telescope-like, it looks to me like a viewfinder.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like one of those camera man fov visualization divices.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look through it, it behaves like viewfinder, but the image is upside-down. The device has Kodak logo, and "Made in Germany" inscription, so it's not some home-made thing. I'm really curious about it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kodak part is a close/macro -focusing device, likely parts of the whole system. I don't know of the Kodak system, but google Contaprox, it was a system for Contax rf-cameras.

If it is not intentionally fixed, the lens should come off.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to your clues I've finally found na answer - http://retinarescue.com/groundglassadapter.html. It helps you to set proper focusing distance. I still can't understand why one should use this Smile.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the lens on the adapter, focus it, then transfer it back to the camera (taking care not to disturb the focus). Many companies made similar - and almost all of them were better!