Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 61 - Minolta MD 35-70mm/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 61 - Minolta MD 35-70mm/3.5 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked VERY nice!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice samples !!

This is probably one of the best zooms I have seems. Clone of leica which generally goes for 400-500 bucks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Leica is the clone - the ORIGINAL is the Minolta? Smile

Doug

Ash wrote:
very nice samples !!

This is probably one of the best zooms I have seems. Clone of leica which generally goes for 400-500 bucks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
The Leica is the clone - the ORIGINAL is the Minolta? Smile

Doug

Ash wrote:
very nice samples !!

sorry my bad..I meant to say that Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and VERY sharp. I have this lens too - what camera did you use please?

Thanks

Doug

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
- what camera did you use please?

Olympus E-520

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash wrote:
very nice samples !!

i got it in the lot along with minolta x-700, md 24mm/2.8 vfc and a flash for 250€

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this lens too. My only gripe is the amount of barrel distortion at the 35 end. Have you noticed that? Maybe on the Olympus it's not so bad, but on FF it's too much for my liking, even though it's easy to correct in PS.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I like this lens too. My only gripe is the amount of barrel distortion at the 35 end. Have you noticed that? Maybe on the Olympus it's not so bad, but on FF it's too much for my liking, even though it's easy to correct in PS.

i've shot mostly at 70mm end, just a few at 35mm (those purple flowers in these samples for example), so i didn't notice the distortion (yet)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
peterqd wrote:

i've shot mostly at 70mm end, just a few at 35mm (those purple flowers in these samples for example), so i didn't notice the distortion (yet)

I shot it at 35mm but on crop sensor (sony a200) and no apparent distortion. May be on FF it would be prominant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images. I own the Leica clone converted to Nikon F-mount. I am very happy with this combo. Recently I removed the F-bayonet with a PK Pentax to use this lens with a K-5.

I was very disappointed because the results were not as expected (mainly missing 3D effect) so I changed the mount back to Nikon.

Anyway - great lens and if you have the chance to buy on - do it.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a stunning lens!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples using E-M5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is good, a very impressive lens. I wonder if it is the same optics as the AF lens ? I've got that but never used it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
that is good, a very impressive lens. I wonder if it is the same optics as the AF lens ? I've got that but never used it.

I Don't know if it's the same, but the "mini-beercan" (minolta AF 35/70 f4 constant, "macro") is by far my best AF lens, and I use it regularly even if the focal range is a bit tight for me on aps-c.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one I have, the f4 mini beercan. I shall have to get a NEX adapter for it,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this and seeing the excellent images I kept my eyes open for one, and I got one today. A few quick test pictures confirms that this is an excellent lens. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which version did you get? the one with macro option or the one without like mine?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The macro one, here's a quick shot, maybe the second one after putting it on the NEX.
No PP, hand held at arms length in a breeze.

I think this will be a good lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The non-macro is MD-III from 81, the macro Version MD-III too from 1983. Optically, they're the same, but the older one doesn't have the macro feature.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah'm selling the AF 35-70/f4... Ah'll knock another 5 gbp off if a member wants it... Winkhttp://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-f4-35-70mm-t71968.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got me one, very cheap. On the Sony A6000 a terrific piece of glass Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was GIVEN the non-macro version with a load of Minolta manual focus gear -- it came with the X-700. I have only used it on FILM
It has some 'play' in the barrel and 'Infinity' shots were not sharp , so I put a ground glass microscope slide on the focus track in the back with the shutter open and looked and it came in focus at 30 feet ! So I know now if I want 'infinity' I set 30 feet. Nearer focus is accurate though .